GROWTH, REMEDIAL AND SUPPORT PROGRAMME (GRASP)
The school provides remedial assistance and counselling cell with experienced and qualified staff, catering to the Children With Special Needs (CWSN).
GRASP is involved in the following areas:
- Identification, screening and diagnosis of Learning Disabilities/Autism/ADHD/ADD/GDD.
- Designing learning strategies, tips for enhancing memory and concentration for studying.
- Preparing Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Preparing and implementing guidelines for accommodations in the classrooms, tests and exams.
- Preparing guidelines for evaluation during tests and exams.
- Remedial classes for Special needs CWSN.
- Counselling for students, teachers and parents.
- Organising workshops, seminars etc. for students, teachers & parents.
DPS Greater Faridabad has taken the bold initiative to become the first school in Haryana to set up a Specialised Centre for Differently Abled and Special Needs students of the school and general community, called GRASP Centre (Growth Remediation And Support Programme).
The Foundation Stone of GRASP Centre was laid by Shri Kanwar Pal Gujjar, Honorable Education Minister of Haryana on August 15, 2020. The Centre will be functional in a year and aims to provide specialized services of Therapist, Counsellors, Special Educators to provide a socially, physically and emotionally inclusive environment to the differently abled children of Haryana.