‘Literacy is human right and basis of all knowledge’.
Delhi Public School, Greater Faridabad celebrated Reading Week on the occasion of International Literacy Day from September 8 -14, 2020 on its Online Reader’s club-Ignited Minds. The concept of literacy was explained and emphasized to students in the Reader’s club –Google room. Students were encouraged to opine about the significance of the day. On this occasion Online quiz on International Literacy Day and Scholastic Virtual book fair was also organized by the schoolThe students enthusiastically participated in myriad activities throughout the week –
- Share a short story. ( 1 or 2 minutes audio/video)
- Book Review on a recently read book ( 1 or 2 minutes audio/video)
- Enactment on any character of your favourite book – ( 1 or 2 minutes audio/video).
- Poem Recitation (topic related to books or reading) or reading out of an extract from your favourite book – ( 1 or 2 minutes audio/video)
- Making Digital Poster or Digital Bookmark on the Theme – “Literacy in a digital world”.
- Creating a Riddle, Puzzle, Game or crossword on International Literacy Day.
- Create a comic strip on the theme given (1 or 2 page)
During this week, children also celebrated their famous author, Roald Dahl’s birthday on September 13. Students of classes 5-8 imagined themselves as a famous character and expressed their gratitude for creating them with a ‘Thank you’ card. Best entries received E-certificates.
School Founder Principal and our guiding force Mrs. Surjeet Khanna, emphasized that literacy was the prime requisite for learning and played a vital role in restraining population growth, curbing poverty, establishing gender impartiality and a bright promise for growth.